Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Partisan Race?

My opponent announced today that he has the endorsements of three if my colleagues - Karen Stepper, this year's Mayor of Danville, Marshall Kamena, Mayor of Livermore, Abram Wilson, Mayor of San Ramon, and Supervisor Scott Haggerty of Alameda County.

While I have enjoyed working with all of these fine people, and I hope to continue to work with them, I am nonetheless disappointed in their divisive choice to take sides. If we are going to solve our most pressing issues, locally and regionally, we really do need to maintain open lines of communication.

But what's really disappointing is that the Mayor's office is non-partisan. All of these people are republicans. Is the office of Mayor becoming a partisan race, based on political affiliation? Is that a good for the people?

Despite this, I will continue to run a non-partisan, honest, and positive campaign. And if I am honored to be re-elected to another term, I will do my best to represent everyone in Pleasanton - regardless of their political affiliations. That is my commitment to you as Mayor.

10 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blatant partisanship if I've ever seen it! It is sickening. In any event, republicans are trying to hold power in the Tri-Valley and they know their days are numbered. Clearly, they will stoop to new lows to maintain power, which is slipping from them, and will continue to slip with the area's changing demographics. I think these right-wingers should move to the Central Valley.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Show me a Steve Brozosky supporter and I will show you a Republican – 100% guaranteed

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon me, but looking at your list of endorsements, they aren't exactly the most non partisan of organizations...the Sierra Club, the labor council, the National Organization of Women?...they've never engaged in partisan politics...never! Accusing someone of partisanship is one thing, but when its the pot calling the kettle black....thats a totally different matter

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Doug "O'Reilly-Hannity-Limbaugh" Miller had his way, he would take over Pleasanton through a military coup. Look out for the tanks downtown!

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me see if I get this. It is devisive when any politician endorses your opponent, but not when Matt Sullivan endorses you. Maybe you will explain this in your next blog.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all these republican mayors in the Tri-Valley want to get together so they can build a Ronald Reagan statue on the Pleasanton Ridge, kind of like the Cristo Redentor statue atop the mountain in Rio de Janeiro.

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a ronald regan statute....sure beats the statue of V.I. Lennin and Che Guevera that Hosterman would want to place along the Pleasanton "skyline"! lol

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kamena, Haggerty are also Bozozsky's partners that killed the Prime Time bus service for the Lockheed Martin employees in Sunnyvale. These folks work as a team and vote as a block.
Do not vote for either of these guys.

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last I knew Marshall Kamena was a Democrat

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not elect Dan Faustina, This young man has the signs of becoming a "yes man" for Bozozoski.
As we all know Bozozoski is anti public transportation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home