Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Second Debate

Last night was the second in a series of "candidate forums" which will be held throughout the City of Pleasanton between now and election day. It was somewhat awkward, in that volunteers from the League of Women Voters chose what questions from the audience would be asked of the candidates, myself and my opponent. For some reason, we didn't get any questions about traffic (hmmm. . .) and other very good questions (why would the Council pull out the round-a-bouts at a cost in excess of $600,000.00 of taxpayer monies?) were likewise, not asked.

Unfortunately, my opponent has difficulty staying on the issues, and tends down that slippery slope of misinformation and nitpicking jibes. I think the people of Pleasanton deserve better, not just in their Mayor, but in their candidates! One of the areas I intend to work on in the coming two years, should you re-elect me to office, is finding new, young people who care about our community and are willing to serve office on behalf of all of us.

Nonetheless, the response was very favorable regarding my performance. I hope you will check out the replay which will be on Channel 26, October 1, 2, 3, and I think the 4th, at 8:00 p.m. Let me know your thoughts!

4 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! For the good of Pleasanton, I'm pullin' for ya'!!!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you stick to your accomplishments and your vision of the future you will continue to win the debates and hopefully the election!
I agree that the questions asked weren't enlightened and maybe the rules for the debates should be changed.
Can you put a schedule of the public debates on your website?

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have lived 10 years in Pleasanton. I am disgusted when I see city officials presume to speak on behalf of the city regarding national issues. San Francisco protested the Gulf War and the nation boycotted San Francisco. As you continue to campaign and position yourself as a "Peace" candidate with little if any background on international affairs, we should all boycott you. I will continue to support any and all candidates who run against you. If you want to be a national politician, run for congress--let someone focused on Pleasanton issues lead as our mayor.

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe! How are things down there at the George W. Bush Fan Club? When are we going to get the gang together for “Bill O’Reilly Poker Night” or share our favorite Ronald Reagan tribute books?

People like Joe should be honest. They really aren’t upset over the fact that Jennifer Hosterman expresses her views on national and international issues as a city official, but they are upset over the fact that Hosterman’s views on these issues don’t jive with their own right-wing agenda. By the way, just because Bill “Papa Bear” O’Reilly tells you he is boycotting San Francisco on his TV show doesn’t mean “the nation boycotted San Francisco” as you suspect. Anyway Joe, let Bush, Pombo, and Brozosky know I said “Hi”.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home