Friday, September 22, 2006

Write those letters!

We're on track for a great BBQ fundraiser on September 29, a week from today, at the fairgrounds. I would like to have 300 in attendance, which means I need your help - you need to invite people, ask them to RSVP to me directly, and I need YOUR RSVP, as well! I need a somewhat accurate headcount so we don't wind up paying for a bunch of food that goes uneaten. Thank you for all of your help!

Tomorrow, we'll be at Farmers Market, but on the "First Street" side, as the Pleasanton Downtown Association will be filming on Main Street for advertising. They've asked that we comply, and not be in the way (we candidates) and I will certainly comply with their wishes.

I have buttons, T-shirts, and I should have yard signs tomorrow. Please come by to pick up all. And, if you can, hang out and talk to people about Pleasanton! It is alot of fun!

Letters to the Editors - some of you received Matt Sullivan's note and letter yesterday regarding the same. If you haven't been reading the locals, my opponent and his supporters have been writing mean-spirited letters to the editors, in what appears to be a smear campaign, which is no surprise, as he certainly can't beat me on the issues! If you are so inclined, now would be the time to write a letter to the editors, in support of my campaign for re-election. Of course, you can write what you want, but I'd encourage you to write positively - while we have our issues, Pleasanton is a great place to live, and I, as your Mayor, will continue to work hard to keep it that way! Thank you.

The next Candidate Forum will be put on by the League of Women Voters, Monday night, in Council chambers. Please come out and support me, if you can. Council candidates will be questioned at 7:00, followed by Mayor candidates at 8:00. The audience always has an opportunity to ask questions, so this would be a good time to feed questions to us, for our responses.

Lastly, I need your help in putting together fundraisers. Please consider hosting a coffee, or a wine and cheese event in your home, and inviting your neighbors - I would love to have an opportunity to talk about my vision for our town, and hear from others.

Thank you for all of your support! I can't win this race without you!

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog!! I dig it!

Go Jennifer!

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a much better website than Steve Brozosky, his website looks like it is from 1995

 

Post a Comment

<< Home