Thursday, June 07, 2007

First Wednesday Street Party

As many know, I had a booth set up on Main Street for the First Wednesday Street Party. This event has become a favorite of Pleasantonians, as well as visitors from throughout the Valley. I had a wonderful time, meeting and greeting many of you, who again, took a few minutes out of your evening to share your thoughts, concerns, and opinions on issues facing all of us in our town.

And, I took a few tomatoes from some of you, as well, over the Council's decision to approve a shopping center on the corner of Stanley and Valley, which project includes a Home Depot and a new Long's Drug Store, as well as other retail shops.There’s been a lot of confusion about this project in our community and staff has pulled the second reading of this project, pending a review of the facts and assumptions relied upon in making the decision for approval. The Council will revisit this project in the next few months.

All in all, it was a very successful evening, in that I had the opportunity to hear from many of you, which was my goal. I will again make myself available at the First Wednesday Street Party in September. I hope to see you, again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home