Monday, November 20, 2006

A Win!

It appears we have secured a win! The Alameda County Registrar, Dave MacDonald, stated that his crew concluding their count of all ballots today. He upgraded the AC website with new numbers, and it appears I have 189 votes more than my opponent.

This is not by any means a landslide. I am dismayed and disgusted, to be perfectly honest, that our town would be the subject of such dirty campaign strategies. But, its over.

We now move forward with a new Council and a new beginning - I am ever so mindful that 49% of the voters chose someone else - I'll work hard this next two years, in representing our entire city, to garner the support of those who chose another candidate, and truly show bipartisan leadership on all those issues that affect us here in Pleasanton.

Thank you all for your support, your friendship, your kind words, and your constant encouragement.

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your re-election!

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so grateful for your hard fought battle and your re-election. We are even more grateful for how you handled the barrage of negativity that swirled from your opponent. Thanks to you and Matt S. we have another term from an honest and caring Mayor!

Craig and Theresa Moore

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, 189 never sounded so sweet! I wish I could tell you how happy we are about this win. No really I wish I could, but I will have to do it anonumously on this blog. I'm so happy, I could dance for joy... and I already have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home